Our Green Agenda
Centre for Innovation Excellence in Livestock
It is of crucial importance that we all play our part in moving to more sustainable ways to live and work. As an organisation we are committed to establishing and encouraging all our partners, associates, members and suppliers to do the same.
We are guided by the promotion and execution of environmentally friendly process and procedures in reducing our carbon footprint. Our green policy:
We always aim to:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the careful selection and use of its printers and print technology.
- Actively use and promote recycling, to include the use of recycled and FSC managed materials wherever possible both internally and amongst our customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meet or exceed all environmental legislation that relates to the company.
- Save energy with ‘auto’ switch off equipment.
- Minimise road miles through digital delivery of material for collaborators, customers and suppliers via FTP services.
- Use of VoIP, e.g. Skype, Zoom, Microsoft Teams for meetings, and training to reduce road miles when appropriate and possible.
- Use renewable energy wherever and offset carbon footprint whenever possible.
As our activities involve printing and publishing we are very aware that we need to make all the progress we can to minimise our impact in this resource hungry area. As such we have a separate, more detailed Print Policy.
- Avoid printing out of emails.
- Use recycled stock printer paper.
- Purchase new printers with ‘sleep’ function to cut energy use.
- Colour print only when required, printing in mono wherever possible.
- Colour print outs only when needed for client facing documents.
- Re-use of paper with both-side printing for drafting and client documents where appropriate and re-use of used paper for written note taking.
- Scanning and email of documentation to reduce paper consumption and reduce postage.
- Engage printers with sound environmental ethos around resource use, FSC managed stocks and recycled stock.
- Using recycled paper stock with minimal bleach used in recycling process. If bright white stock is required we will use FSC managed stock, whereby a minimum of two trees is planted for every one felled and considerably lessened environmental impact due to less bleach used in the process of making new high white coated paper than high white recycled paper.
- Undertake regular print buying strategy and review with clients to help educate and ensure minimal wastage of stock.
Switch it off!
- Ensure all lights are switched off when not in a room.
- Ensure all equipment is either off or in eco sleep mode if not in use during the day, including monitors, printers, copiers, computers.
- Ensure all equipment is switched off in the evenings and at night.
To view our full, formal policy, please click here